Explore these beautiful, mysterious landscapes as a Mountain Goat.
- A side-scrolling platform game in large, open 2D spaces -- in the tradition of Super Mario Bros. 3.
- Photorealistic backgrounds, set in the Oreamnos americanus' home territory of the Pacific Northwest. My first experience with cinematic backdrops in platform games was in Out of This World for the Super NES (also known as "Another World" outside the United States.)
- Non-linear play inspired by classics such as Metroid and Super Metroid. Backtrack to revisit other areas, and solve puzzles to advance to new ones.
- Fend off predators like wolves, bears and cougars with only your wits and your horns.
- Defy gravity by climbing 60-degree slopes as a sure-footed Mountain Goat.
- "Active" terrain elements such as highly sloped surfaces, tilting platforms, rope bridges, and loose rocks. (My ideas for these stem mostly from watching Road Runner cartoons with my sons.)
For iOS, Android, MacOS and Windows.
This started as a joke, but I missed April Fools' Day. Now I can't stop coming up with fun gameplay ideas. Plus, I got some encouragement.